Harborough Action for Justice & Peace
Do you desire to see improvements in the well-being of all people regardless of race, creed, gender, age?
The group meets 3 times a year at the Methodist Church, elect an issue for special attention each year and join with others to fund raise for that area of work. Currently we are concerned for Homelessness and the Refugees that Harborough District Council has been allocated.
We are also particularly campaigning about the demolition of housing and the community centre in Naseby Square. For our latest update see: Naseby Square demolition.
We challenge injustices arising from:
- Benefits inadequacies and inefficient processes that create additional problems
- Human trafficking and the exploitation of people as modern-day slaves
- Issues within the Health Service; Education; Social Welfare
- Ecological issues; Climate Change & Pollution issues
- Global Issues such as Unfair Trade Agreements; and Systems that oppress minority, ethnic or cultural groups
Members actively support: Amnesty, Avaaz, 38 Degrees, Green Peace, Some-of-us, Global Justice, Fair Trade etc; and we hold an annual candle lit Peace Vigil in the Town Square.
We welcome all who are concerned for justice and peace issues, and details may be obtained from:
- Janet Smith at janetsmith405 at hotmail.com
- Alison Tomlin at rev.alison at btinternet.com