The CUBE Youth Project
The CUBE Youth Project provides a safe meeting place at their Youth and Community Centre, located where the old bowls pavilion on Symington's Rec used to stand. They also meet regularly with young people at Robert Smyth School on Wednesday lunchtimes.
The work of the CUBE is funded by a variety of indivduals, churches, the Market Harborough and Bowdens Charity, and business people. Continuing prayer is needed for both finance and volunteer helpers. A 'Friends of the CUBE' initiative has been launched to encourage continuing donations.
For more information on the work of the CUBE, please our website thecubeyouth.org.uk.
The aim of Volunteer Essentials is to inspire, envision and equip volunteers to be part of the HYACT organisation and it runs across 3 evenings in September.
The programme looks at volunteering from the perspective of the world in which we live, the community in which we operate and the organisation in which we volunteer. It will enable us to understand the role of volunteering, hear the perspectives from various guests exploring different aspects of volunteering, and, consider how we can make a difference in young people’s lives with the skills we bring.
- Sep 1st 7-9pm Why volunteer?
- Volunteer Essentials starts with why we volunteer. It covers the ethos and vision behind HYACT, the volunteer experience and the idiosyncrasies of young people and the world they inhabit.
- Sep 15th 7-9pm Volunteering in community
- The second evening of Volunteer Essentials will be looking at volunteering in a community context. It addresses our responsibilities as an organisation in safeguarding, building relations with young people, and partnerships with other organisations.
- Sep 29th 7-9pm Volunteering with HYACT
- The last evening of Volunteer Essentials looks at the practical needs of volunteering including good practice, expectations and what it means to be part of the HYACT team.
If anyone would like to join us they would be very welcome.
To register please email Melissa on cube at thecubeyouth.org.uk.
Prayer is central to our work at The CUBE and we meet regularly to pray. Our fortnightly prayer sessions are a way of bringing people together to encourage and facilitate prayer for the work that we do (or would like to start doing).
Our prayer times are a chance to catch up with what’s happening and to pray for the specific needs and activities of the organisation.
We meet on the 2nd and 4th Thursday afternoons from 1pm to 2pm at The Cube, Symington’s Rec. Bring a sandwich and we will provide drinks.
View our latest prayer letter: HYACT Prayer Letter Jan - Apr 2017.
Our vision is to see the young people of Market Harborough thrive in their communities. We are looking for more volunteers to join our team to support this vision. Could this be you?
- Volunteer youth work roles - We have a range of CUBE youth projects that you can get involved in; including evening drop-ins, rock on the rec planning sessions, girl’s group, GodCUBE, and schools work.
- Admin & maintenance roles - want to support us but not deliver youth work? There are plenty of areas where you can help out - it could be anything from gardening to website development.