The Christian Community in the Market Harborough area
Churches Together in Harborough is associated with Churches Together in England through Churches Together in Leicestershire. It unites those churches within and surrounding the town of Market Harborough which, acknowledging God’s revelation in Christ, confess the Lord Jesus Christ as God and Saviour according to the scriptures; and in obedience to God’s will and, in the power of the Holy Spirit, commit themselves to seek a deepening of their communion with Christ and with one another in the Church, which is His body and to fulfil their mission to proclaim the Gospel by common witness and service in His world, to the glory of the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Our objectives are:
- To be a visible sign of the churches commitment to one another
- To facilitate common witness to Christ
- To respond to the needs of the community in shared service and outreach where this is appropriate
The organisation has a Constitution, and meets together as a Forum at least 4 times a year. The dates of forthcoming meetings, together with agendas and minutes from previous meetings can be found by following this page link: Forum meetings.
The Forum is led by several appointed officers, these are currently:
- Rev. Stephen Haward - vicechair at harboroughchurches.org.uk Tel. (01858) 467378
- Rose Williams - treasurer at harboroughchurches.org.uk
- Publicity Officer:
- Patricia Kneale-Buxton - publicity at harboroughchurches.org.uk
- Christian Aid Representative:
- Rose Williams - christianaid at harboroughchurches.org.uk
- Accounts Examiner:
- Katherine Bentley